One Year Anniversary



Today is a significant day for me. I’ve been looking forward to writing this blog for quite a while. Today marks the one year anniversary of me being completely healthy. This would be a huge thing anyway, but the fact that most of this year has been spent living in Mexico, makes it simply incredible. I decided when we moved down here that I would live by faith and not by fear…especially when it comes to food. So I’ve eaten every single funky thing set before me, and I’ve been just fine.
I use to play around with sickness and even use it to get sympathy or simply to have some time off from work. I knew going into this year that there would be no room for that kind of junk. All year long, I lived with a desire to beat my body and make it my slave. Some days it is hard to overcome my feelings, but honestly, if I live a life of trusting my feelings, I probably would never get out of bed in the morning.
A thought my mom shared with me earlier this year has helped me a lot and I meditate on it often. It’s the idea that when Jesus was on the cross, He literally bore all of our sicknesses and diseases upon Himself. It was such gruesome site that the sky had to turn black because no one could bear to look upon Him. Anytime I start to feel crummy, or anytime I pray for a sick person, I pray and thank God for already taking that sickness upon Himself, and I picture Him already conquering the specific sickness upon the cross. You see, Jesus accomplished more than just salvation upon the cross. He died and rose again that we would be SAVED, HEALED, and DELIVERED.
Thank you for a healthy year Jesus! You’re Awesome!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Amen! That is aweseome!!! God is good!

jcubsdad said...

Bro,

glad you are healthy, you are living what I have been learning. I have been so blessed with health after my surgery it is great... God is good, and he bore it all, he knows it all, and can heal it all.

Blessings to you and the fam.