Can you spot the white kids?

Sunday school outside

Playing a game


Davis wadered off after a while

We have been attending a local church for the past few Sundays. Being a very small building, and not having a nursery, I spend all but the first ten minutes outside with the two little boys. Last week, I got smart and brought snacks and books to read. This Sunday, I was walking around the car when I saw Smith and Zaisy's sunday school class go out into a field to play a game and sing some songs. I decided to follow at a distance with my camera. I watched my kids play along and make the other kids laugh (and the teacher). I was impressed at how different they obviously are, and yet they did a marvelous job of interacting and being a part of the group. Granted Smith goofed around so much that I think the teacher gave up on one game entirely, but wouldn't that have been the case anyway in a class at our own home church? He didn't act like the other shy, sheepish mexican children, but he didn't act hugely different. He was just himself. That's good missions right there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for your blog! You just don't realize how special they are to Dad and I. It's so great seeing the kids, I could just cry, in fact I think I will. We love you all so much and love the pictures. You're always in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Smith...how are you? You sure look like you are getting bigger. Love you...

Uncle Dave