Evangiball


Playing D
Sideliners

Chava’s cousin lives across the street from the carpentry shop where we work. He is renovating his home and we do a lot of work in his house. By Mexican standards he is quite wealthy and relationally he’s been a hard nut to crack.
This last weekend I convinced Chava to come and watch our gringo team play soccer. We tried to convince Chava to play on our team, but he would not. However, when we got to the field, his cousin was standing there watching. We asked if he would like to play on our team. Believe me any Mexican blood on your soccer team changes the whole dynamic. I was thrilled when he agreed and sent one of his sons home to get his gear.
As soon as I saw his bright yellow soccer shoes, I knew he was going to be good. And he was. He played defense with me and I found out that he does speak a little bit of English.
The highlight of my weekend was when he asked if he can play with us full-time. Praise God! Please pray for Chava and his cousin as we continue to build relationship with them.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ministry story and opportunity! We will be praying!

Michele said...

I love that "when you saw his yellow shoes you knew he'd be good". Ha!!! That's hilarious! Glad you have an open door with him, that's awesome. Many blessings from Brazil my friends.

Stacey said...

That is awesome!!! :o) Glad that you guys all had a good time and that through relationships (and God) lives can be changed.