Leading Worship

Leading worship in front of the world map

Candlelight worship


Me, Jordan, Mike, & Michelle
Throughout the month of March, as we hosted Spring Break short-term teams, I had the opportunity to lead the worship band. It was incredible to see four musicians (two from Canada, one from South Carolina, and me) come together and sound better than many bands I've heard that have been together for years. Truly a miracle.
I've lead worship many times in the past, but this was my first chance to lead with a band. What an amazing experience as I learned to work with the different personalities, put together song sets, and always have the music transposed and printed off in time. What a job!
The Lord was faithful and let His Spirit be known during several of our sessions. Many people were healed emotionally and physically as we worshiped.
I don't know the whole story yet, but I think this was a significant milestone in my life. A big THANK YOU to Jordan, Mike, & Michelle for putting up with me as I figured out what I was doing.
One of the main themes we studied throughout our training this year is that, "Missions exists because worship does not!" Once we all learn to worhship the Creator of this Universe the way He deserves to be worshiped...our job will be easy.

5 comments:

Joia said...

pretty cool Jonny!

jcubsdad said...

Oso can sing?

Boy, the Holy Spirit had to be doin some SERIOUS work on your pipes my friend.

Thanks for sharing.

Stacey said...

I didn't know that you lead worship, Jon!!! You learn something new every day. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'll be a Cowboy a Christian Cowboy I'll live for Jesus all my days and in the prairie and in the City I'll help him round up all the strays...Love you Jonny

MADY MISSIONS said...

Hey Jon, We miss you guys so much. This is just a bit late, but thanks so much for your sensitivity to God's Spirit during Worship. It was an honor for me to have been able to play with you!!!
I hope one day I'll have the honor again. I read your blog and praying for you guys. Congrats on the 5th. Take care, tell Rachel and the kids we said "HI" We love you guys. Keep on keepin on!!!
Mike Mady