Our Oasis in Mexico!

The top of the building with the windows is our apartment.

You don't see these much in America anymore, but they seem to be the most popular playground equipment in Mexico.


The camp backs up right to a beautiful lakeshore--not any good for fishing, but awfully pretty!

This is where the kids and I usually have our morning Bible study.

Some of our laundry hanging out to dry.

An early morning shot of the pool where we've been teaching the kids swimming lessons.


The quiet street in front of the camp where we are currently living.


"Oasis of Living Water"...we love Coke.



The Metric system!...enough said




The back walkway to our apartment

We have been very blessed this month to stay as guests at the "Oasis Campamento." This camp caters to kids and youth that come here for a "summer camp" type setting all-year long. Our kids have loved interacting with all the other children and it's been a great chance for them to practice their Spanish. Rachel and I have enjoyed interacting with the staff on a daily basis and it's been a good chance for us to see how far we have to go with our language studies.

I've had the chance to fill in and serve as the night-time and early morning watchman. That status comes complete with walkie-talkie and keys. Basically, I work from 5PM to 11PM, starting again at 6Am to about 9AM. I am the gate bouncer, making sure that everyone coming or going is supposed to be doing so. I haven't had to pound or kill anyone yet, but I'm looking foreward to some good hand to hand combat. All this so that our friend can have a much-needed little break. And it's a good reason for me to practice getting up early.

One interesting fact is that this camp has many pianos throughout the grounds. The one best tuned I stumbled upon yesterday in a storage/workroom located underneath our apartment. That makes the count at five. I wonder how long it's been since they've been really loved on. So I play them all.

Love from Mexico!

the Nagels

5 comments:

The Nagel Family said...

Love the update! Looks like a beautiful place...we pray for your safety and for great relationships and connections....Love you!

D,C,H,A,baby

5 Pianos for 1...The Lord knows...

Anonymous said...

What town are you in A> Judy

Anonymous said...

What a relief for me to see your current housing situation. It looks so nice and I'm so happy God does such a good job in caring for you. Still missing you something awful. Mom

jcubsdad said...

yup...nothing like suffering for the lord there John.. geez, looks better then where I live HERE!

All this to say, God is so very very good. Enjoy your respite, work on them num chuck skills, bone up on the language and start looking forward to the next leg of the grand adventure!

Have you started the book yet? I have a suggestion "There and over there and there too, A story of the Nagels in a strange and wonderful land"

ehh, its a working title.

Stacey said...

What a beautiful place! I am so blessed by each and everyone one your updates. Your testimonies build up my faith. God is so good. Love you guys!!!