Trip to San Francisco


We took a vacation to San Francisco the other day. That’s the name of the closest village to where we live right now.



We walked around the main town square, mostly deserted. Directly across from that was a beautiful church, totally empty, and we found this sign posted in the foyer. Losely translated I think it says, “To talk to God, you don’t need a cell phone. Turn it off before entering.”




It was fun walking around letting all the people stare at the gringos. Good times.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Hey Nagels!

I just found another blogger/missionary that is based in Oaxaca (I don't know if I spelled that right) Mexico. Here is the blog address. Thought you guys might want to connect.

http://lifeonthefield.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

We miss your sweet faces, thanks for the pictures! Love you, D,C,H,A & B

Joia said...

Goodness sakes...isn't it time for you guys to come home for a visit yet!?!?!!?!?

Anonymous said...

Nana loves these pictures and the belated birthday card I got yesterday. How I love you Mexican red heads. Miss you.

jcubsdad said...

Gringos.. where? I dont see no stinking gringos!

So if you went to San Francisco, did you wear the flower in your hair? (at least rachel and Zaizy anyway)

John, flowers in your hair will ALWAYS get you stared at... anywhere... dont do it O.K.?

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Nagels,
I loved your comment about the gringos, isn't it great. People dont even have to know your name to get your attention for a conversation. I wanted to let you know that if there is a chance to come up and see you, I would love to. You are not alone, we are just "right up the road." Dios les bendiga
Pam