Package of Love!

"Holy Care Package, Batman!"
Go Diego!

New Crocks!







Zaisy was so stoked about this one!





WE LOVE NERDS!




Peanut Butter! Oh Happy Day!





At what age can they have peanut butter again?

Some friends of ours just arrived on base with a care package from the States for us. It was like Christmas in our little apartment. We all were so elated to get the precious items! Snacks and clothes and books for the kids in English and art stuff and magazines and Crocks! It was the best!!! I suddenly had a terrible case of homesickness when I saw that my mother-in-law had included some instant Cappuccino mix. It was the closest thing to actually sharing a cup with her in person. I suppose the rainy season downpour that confined us indoors was part of it, but we also didn't want to stop reveling in our shower of gifts.
My sister once told me that composing the perfect care package is an art. You must include these four categories: something to eat, something to read, something to play with and something to wear. This package was perfect!
Thanks Dad, Mom, Dave/Christina, & Joia for all your thoughtfulness! It meant the world to us.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those faces are priceless.A. Judy

Anonymous said...

We wish we could have sent you a TON more, but I think the Leakes might have killed us. We love you and miss you tons! D, C, H, A, & B

Joia said...

I wish I could of shoved myself in that package...I miss you guys so much!

COME SEE US SOOOOOOON!!!!!

Love you!
Joia

Anonymous said...

Love you Jon, Rachel,Smith,Zaisy, Davis and Axie. You've brought so much to our lives. Thank you Lord for all these precious children. Thank you for Godly parents who raise our Grandkids in the truth. Love you forever, Mom/Nana

Michele said...

Packages from the U.S. totally rock!!! It's like your birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. Hey, we'll be in CS this week and I'm so sad you won't be there. We have to go back for an immigration meeting, that we HAVE to be there for. Bad timing, but always good to see friends and eat food we miss. :)

Stacey said...

What a blessing for you guys! You deserve every bit of it! Be blessed! Love ya!