Our Crazy Life

Three sleepy guys after a long day of moving.
*Editors note: This particular post is not meant to elicit ooey-gooey, feel-good emotions. If you feel any stress about our current life situation, please discontinue reading this post and check back in on Sunday. Love you.
Life in general can be interesting…life on the mission field is down right crazy at times! I screwed up on my math and the number of days we had left on our 180 day visas. I spent all day Monday filling out a huge stack of paper work and yesterday we drove to Oaxaca City to get them renewed. Things were going pretty well until the immigration official realized our visas were 2 days expired. At that point he stopped rifling through our paperwork, looked up at me and said, “You must leave our country. You can take an airplane, an auto bus, or drive…but you must leave.”
I spent 10-15 minutes pleading with him and asking him if there was anything else we could do. I told him we would pay any fine, or do anything, but he just kept telling me the only thing we could do was leave.
At first I took it pretty well. But over the course of the 3 hour drive back to Tlaxiaco, the realization, and the gravity of the situation began to settle over me. Have you ever been punched in the stomach when you weren’t expecting it? It doesn’t feel good!
Long story short…tomorrow morning we will make a trek up to the border to simply renew our visas. We hope to make it to Harlingen, TX by Friday around noon, do some shopping at Walmart, and then be back here to Tlaxiaco by Saturday night. Please pray for us. We are just now getting to a point where we feel fully recovered from our previous trip and are not too excited about this one. Please pray for safety on the roads, grace for Rachel, me, and the kids over the long hours, and a lack of harassment by all the government officials along the way.


4 comments:

Michele said...

Our prayers are with you! I'm so sorry for this mix-up. I hate visa politics! I pray God's hand and favor be upon you during the trip.

Stacey said...

I am praying. I pray that the trip ends up being a "blessing in disguise!" Love you guys!!

jcubsdad said...

Grace and peace to you my friends.

On the next care package I must remember to send you a calculator.

Truthfully though I can see myself in that position so easily. Hang in there, I am not stressed for you at all because I know God is in your midst and it is his will being done, not ours.

Love you guys,

Carl and Amy

Anonymous said...

hey, praying for you guys and hoping that you find joy in the adventure. Maybe this is why nothing goes right in my life, its training to be a missionary. LOL love you guys. WrenB.