Seriously...?

I think of you often. I’ve been to London many times in my imagination. As I walked the streets of Tlaxiaco last night, the cold rain slowly soaked through my red “water-proof” jacket. I splashed through several muddy puddles in my attempt to locate a roasted chicken for our dinner. The chicken was not to be found but I did enjoy my time with you in Old England once again.
The line between need and want can be a fine one at times. However, when we really need something…it’s always there. I went through a bit of a depression this week when I found out our monthly support was at an all-time low. It sent me spiraling through all the same old questions. “Are we really supposed to be here?” “How am I going to provide for my family?” “What the heck was I thinking moving my wife and four children all the way down here?” And on and on. It was painful.
As I regained my focus, through prayer and reading the Word, I was reminded once again that God is good and that He promises to always take care of His children. But how…how would He come through this time?
After a great lunch with some of our fellow missionaries, he took me aside and stuffed a wad of bills in my hand. Later when I counted the bills I was shocked to see the amount that he gave us equaled the amount of support we had received. Wow! I was humbled. God had come through once again.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Praise God!!

Michele said...

That's an awesome testimony! God is good! We're in the same boat financially. It's funny how we finally get to a day or 2 where we think we have some room to "breathe" in our finances, then something happens....like needing new tires for our car. OUCH! But each time God continues to provide. Living the missionary life is teaching me so much more then I thought it would!

Anonymous said...

London? hows the work going?