My Cup Runneth Over


So, you wanna know what that verse looks like? Well there you go. I've never met a cup that can hold all that, though.
Recently, I learned an important lesson. If God said it, he'll do it. I was re-going through my Five Aspects women's study book and read over "the fall" for like the zillionth time when something clicked. You know, one of those "HEY!!! I really get it!!!" moments. I noticed that Eve's problem is that she doubted God. She should have kicked that serpent in the teeth the second he contradicted God. Did the serpent ever give her anything? Wasn't it God that gave her life and a purpose and a wonderful husband and everything she ever needed? So why would she doubt Him?
So many times God has told me not to worry. That He will always take care of me. "...do not worry about what you will eat or what you will wear..." And yet when my fridge looks so empty, I whine like a dog. So, this time I looked into my empty cupboards and said, "God has always fed us and He does not lie. I will not worry."
Two days later, we got all this food in a 12 hour period. Jon's dad and some friends (moving and getting rid of the entire contents of their pantry), have no idea how well timed their gifts were. May we all believe God at His word always. For truly, my cup runneth over.

2 comments:

jcubsdad said...

Jon, I did not know they let guys into the five aspects class...(lol)
It took me a moment to remember this is Nagel Land, and as such Rachel and the kids might write once in awhile.

You guys Rock... Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

God is good!!!