Monday is the big day!

As I watch the gecko scale the wall of this quaint bedroom, and I feel the sweat from the humidity drip down my body, I realize, "We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!" Or Colorado to be more precise.
We had a wonderful morning in San Antonio. We met Rachel's brother Matt at the Alamo and then had lunch next to the river-walk. It's so weird to see people in shorts and tank-tops here when there is a blizzard in Colorado!
For the next five hours, I held tightly to the steering wheel of our van as I navigated it through gusts of wind that were fierce enough to test the strongest resolve. We made it safely to Harlingen, TX where we met up with Grandpa Jim and had the pleasure of going to a pot-luck at his church. Good times were had by all.
Tomorrow morning we will wake up early and head across the border. We're really praying and hoping we won't have to unpack the whole van as we go across. That would be a huge pain.
We got some great pics today but the wi-fi signal I'm on is too weak to upload them. I will do it ASAP. Hopefully, I'll find an internet source somewhere nearby in Mexico and we'll be in touch soon. Hasta La Vista Baby!

12 comments:

Joia said...

I miss you all very much already! I pray for your safety each day...please kiss the kids for me! Love you and please be safe!!!
Aunt Joi Joi

Stacey said...

Having lived in Florida for the last two and half years, I completely understand when you say that it is weird to be in humidity and sweating when it is snowing else where. :o) Thank you for the frequent updates...it feels like we are almost traveling with you. We are praying. Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted...in your honor we are all going swimming outside...just need to crack the ice.

D,C,H,A,Baby

Justin Spicer said...

safe travels...we love you guys! Justin

jcubsdad said...

Ahh, the humidity. It should bring back memories of India for you... I remember finding frogs hiding in the walls when we went to paint. they were just trying to stay cool like we were.

Ahh, those were the days.

Anonymous said...

My heart is in my throat and my eyes are full of water, yet I'm happy for your mission as you follow our Lord. Because of Him we know we're part of a much bigger picture than we usually realize. At this special time of year when we remember His sacrifice for us, it makes it a little easier to give you up to His safe keeping. Love you forever. Keep us posted. Mom

Star Girl said...

We are so excited for you! Keep us posted. You guys are so luvin the journey...following God...Amazing!!
Star Fams

Stacey said...

BTW...welcome to Mexico!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad everything is working out for you and you are having a safe journey. Our prayers are with you as you reach your final destination.
Jim & Dora

Anonymous said...

WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!!?? Make some contact, we want to know the latest. Love you all!

Colo. Gooden's said...

We are so happy for you all! You did it, you are really going! We love you all and cannot wait to hear it all as this part of your journey begins! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Jonny, Call home ET. I can't stand the silence! Mom