A Very Sonny Saturday!












We rolled into the Dallas area late last night and stayed with Rachel's brother Sonny. We all adore Uncle Sonny and loved the time we got to spend with him. He downloaded tons of stuff for us to watch on our computer so we'll never lack for entertainment. He also took us out to eat at one of his favorite pizza joints. We all had a great time.
Then it was back to the "Miracle Mobile" for several more hours of driving. We did take one small detour to show the kids the campus of our Alma-mater CFNI (Christ For the Nations Institute). Boy, what a flood of memories! That's where Rachel and I met and fell in love and had our first son Smith.
We just made it into San Antonio and checked into a pleasant hotel. All I care about when I'm looking at hotels is, what's for breakfast? All the kids care about is, where's the pool? This place has a great breakfast which I'm looking forward to and an outdoor pool that the kids are looking forward to. Can you believe it's already hot enough to swim outdoors here?
The guy that I haggled with at the front desk is from Southern India. He couldn't believe that I had spent time close to where he is from. He taught me an important lesson: everything is negotiable...especially the price of a hotel room. I got him to knock the price down by 30% compared to the couple just ahead of me. Wow!
So...tomorrow we'll have lunch with Rachel's oldest brother Matt and hopefully have time to show the kids the River Walk and possibly the Alamo. Then we'll head down to Harlingen, TX where we will meet up with Grandpa Jim and stay the night at a bed-n-breakfast some of his friends own.
Monday, we'll make the final descent into Mexico. Wow! Is this really happening or is this another one of my dreams? Will someone please pinch me? It's all quite surreal at this point.
Prayer Points:
The continued health of the "Miracle Mobile."
Unity for Team Nagel
An Uneventful Border Crossing

5 comments:

Michele said...

Praise God! You're off on your great adventure,and let me tell you,it is an adventure! May God bless you with amazing favor in all you do and wherever you go.

Anonymous said...

You are really doing it!!!not many really do what they say they are gonna do......GO Nagels.....Get a permanant address out soon....

Anonymous said...

The Great Adventure...oh the memories of C.F.N.I.

Brother Dave...

Stacey said...

I pray that you guys will continue to have the favor of the Lord poured into your lives. :o) Be Blessed!!!!

Anonymous said...

How crazy to check my email this morning and end up seeing pictures of the Nagels here in my own city..and realize that you were here YESTERDAY! I know that this is a whirlwind trip, so I'm not too upset.......I am praying for a safe trip and uneventful border crossing today.

Can't believe that you were visiting Matt in San Antonio also yesterday. Rachel, do you remember our trip to San Antonio, and bringing Matt back with us in that tiny car? It really wasn't that tiny, but just not designed to carry 6 people!

Love you and thanks for all the updates! Lacy