My Three Sons

When I was a boy I use to love to wrestle and fight and play with my brother Dave. Having a brother is a priceless experience. I'm so glad my boys get to grow up knowing the joy of that kind of relationship. Sometimes it was painful and bruises on my arms were a regular occurrence.

Recently at church a single, young lady came up and gave us a commitment card saying she would support us $10 a month. The gift and the motivation behind the gift meant so much more to us than the dollar amount. Though she may not have a ton of resources, it was her way of saying that she believes in us and what we're doing. And now we know that at least once a month she will be thinking about us and praying for us.

As we've wrestled with the idea of missions and living on support, we've had to endure some pain and some bruises to our emotions and our egos. Overall though, it's been an amazing experience to watch as individuals step up and join our team of supporters. Some have given a lot, and some give a lot from what they have.

It's such a joy to watch my boys grow older and to see the relationship that is developing between them. When individuals and families give to us, no matter what the amount, we recognize it as their way of saying that they want relationship with us, and nothing could be worth more than that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother,

Lots of fun memories growing up together.

Remember when the Joss boys and I would always nominate you to be the cook for our gang and you were supposed to round up cookies and Kool-Aid? That was fun!

Remember when I locked you out of the red house and you got mad at me and later, while I was sleeping or praying...can't remember which, you came up and kicked me in the back as hard as you could? That was fun...

Remember when we'd wrestle with Bingham, raid the refrigerator and watch Saved By The Bell every day after school? That was fun...

Remember when we would buy mustard flavored sardines and make the whole bus mad at us during school trips? Then we sang one hunderd bottles of root beer until we made one guy so mad he wanted to fight after the trip. That was fun...

Remember when we'd try to say "night" last each night? That was fun...

Really glad both of our sons have or will have brothers to experience puberty with...

I love you Yap Box

Anonymous said...

Three of the cutest young men I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

What is the latest update for your family? How can I be praying?