Yes, I Love Technology...

Our target date to get out of town is still the 19th...which is quickly approaching. We had three big things we wanted to purchase before we left. A laptop (check), a digital camera (check), and a 15 passenger van. We bought the computer and the camera this week! Thank you to those who gave toward these!!

I called this guy about this van on Craigslist last night. He answered and said, "Hello Sweety." I said, "Hi, you can call me Sweety if you want to...but I'm really calling about your van on Craigslist." He and I had a good laugh about it. It's listed for $4000 and I think I will go take it for a spin tomorrow. It looks nice, but we'll see.

We've had 5 showings on the house and the last one was the most positive. Still waiting on an offer...but we're hopeful. At that showing, the realtor lost the key to our house...which we later found in a baby basket in the boys room, weird. We have everything off the walls now and I spent yesterday patching all the holes. I will sand them and paint them today, should be fun.

Though we face moments of fear and discouragement, overall we are drawing closer to the Lord each day. He is revealing Himself to us in wonderful ways. We are both strongly committed to the idea that, "All men die...but not all truly live." We are tasting life like an armless man would bury his face into a thick piece of chocolate cake. It's messy, it's disorderly, and there's crumbs all over, but man...the frosting is oh-so-sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome to hear this update! Thanks so much...I'm praying hard today that your home sells...Please Lord!!!!

D

Michele said...

Your leave date is 2 days after ours! Yay!! We'll be praying about the van and the house. Hey, how did you get the thing on the side of your blog that shows how many people have visited your site? Let me know!!

jcubsdad said...

So, this is it. You are leaving, the Casoulas are leaving... I am having separation anxiety man.

I wish I were a millionare, I would buy the house, fund your missions and come and visit you a lot.

Such is life though. If wishes were fishes...we all would be eating a lot of fish.

Love you Guys,

~Carl and Amy~