That's Nacho Cheese!


We had a coffee date scheduled at a friend's house at 3:00 today. After getting all the kids ready and in the van, we were on the road by about 3:25. It seems to be a theme in our lives. Many of our friends are starting to realize that if you want the Nagels there by a certain time, you have to tell them it starts at least a half-hour earlier.
On Wednesday night we had a final Fiesta at Casa del Nagel. I whipped up several batches of flour tortillas (thanks Wren for the recipe), there was a pinata for the kids, and the party was rounded off by an appearance from Nacho Libre and his companion Esquelito. I haven't completed an official count, but including children, and from the number of corn chips we found ground into the carpet, I would say we had about 3,015 people stop by. Wow! It was a great time.
So though we hoped we would be on the road by the 19th, it appears the Lord has something else in mind. We're still looking for the right van, and waiting for the funds to come in to purchase it. We're also still waiting for our house to sell. We have another showing in the morning...so we're hopeful.
When I think about it, I guess if we actually left on time...that wouldn't be very Nagel-like...now would it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I missed that one!!! Praying for God's perfect timing in your departure and that God will open the doors that no man can shut and shut the doors that no man can open.

Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...exciting times ahead. Love you...

D,C,H,A

jcubsdad said...

Any reason for you two to get your shirts off... I guess this was as good as any.

We sure love you guys and we are not sad that we might get to see you one more time before you leave. I know, it's selfish.