We Made It!!

A Welcomed Sign!

Enjoying our first meal in the States at Jack In The Box!



Driving from the state of Oaxaca up the East coast of Mexico into the USA we experienced some of the most beautiful country one could ever dream of. We were a bit shocked to shell out over $50 US in toll fees...especially considering the condition of most of the roads. I got pulled over by the Federales for speeding outside of Matamoros, but somehow talked myself out of a ticket by promising the kind officer that I would not speed anymore...and I didn't. It was a good reminder to obey the law of the land.

Matamoros was your typical overcrowded, run-down border town and I didn't enjoy it too much. One of the big problems with traveling in Mexico is that often you're following signs to where you are going...and then the signs just end. Lost in a huge border town on a hot day without air conditioning is not my favorite. But eventually if you just keep making random turns things seem to work out, which they did. We sat on the bridge in sweltering heat for about 45 minutes and then had to turn over our giant bag of oranges to the border patrol. Doing our part to keep them healthy you know. But before we knew it, we were through and traveling down the amazingly smooth roads of America. Wow! Never, ever take these smooth amazing roads for granted. I can't get over them.

After three long days of travel we have made it to Colorado Springs and are currently resting and hanging out with our good friends Jim and Shiloh. We love you all and can't wait to see you!


4 comments:

Stacey said...

I do have to say I am jealous of the Nowlins because they get to hang out with you. And I am jealous of the Nagels because you get to hang out with the Nowlins. When are you all coming to Florida? I miss you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy... Papa

Michele said...

Yay! So glad you guys made it safely. Wish we could be there to see you. Eat LOTS of American food for me, will ya????

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures...amazing life story!

Love you,

D,C,H,A,B