Hope In God!



It was exactly 10 years ago today that I got down on one knee and proposed to Rachel. We took the kids to the park today to enjoy the beautiful weather and were recounting the memories of that night. I asked her if she could have looked 10 years into the future, saw us with 4 kids, living in Colorado, trying to move to Mexico, and jobless, if she would have reconsidered. She said, "No way!" I think I got a keeper.

I got a call from our realtor this morning. Apparently, the one couple that was interested in our house ended up getting their bid accepted on their 1st choice house. Good for them! The couple that came yesterday liked everything about it, however, they couldn't figure out where they would put their big screen tv in the living room. Oh well...the wait continues. We're glad to be counted worthy of this faith building experience.

One of the big lessons that we're learning on this path is about where we choose to put our hope. If we hope in man or in money we always end up getting let down. They will always fail you. However, when you put all of your hope and trust in God, He will never let you down. He is not a man that He should lie. He has made certain promises to us, and rather than be discouraged today, we find ourselves encouraged by the fact that He is in control. We choose to stand on His promises and know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter what happens, He is good!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful couple with an awesome family! We love you and will continue to pray for you. Love all your posts!

Joia said...

I remembered this morning that it was 10 years ago today that you did this. Mom was having surgery, and I was staying at Aunt Becky's. I was so excited to have a sister-in-law! I carried around a cut-out picture of the ring at school and showed every girl I could - I even showed one of my teachers! Oh good times. I love you guys...give me a call sometime! :)
Joia

jcubsdad said...

What is wrong with that picture. I will not buy a house because my big screen T.V. will not fit. Ohh Lord we are in trouble.

Amy just kicked the soap box out from under my feet... ouch!

O.K. seriously, I am glad she said yes 10 years ago as well. I do not see you being a good bachelor. You, like me, need an excellent woman who loves, challenges and teaches us every day. Rachel fit that bill for you and we could not be happier for you.

Keep leaning on the promises of God my friend. Leaning your ladder on that wall will never let you fall.

Stacey said...

Isn't it amazing how when we lean upon the Lord completely, He WILL always hold us up with His Grace, Patience, Love, Joy and Hope. God is amazing!