Simple Miracles

Tonight as I was putting the kids to bed the bulb in their night-light flickered and then burned out...as night-light bulbs tend to do. To help calm them and get them to sleep I told them a story of a boy and his mom. They were driving home from church one Sunday when they ran out of gas. They were in the middle of nowhere and all they had was a jug of water.
Just that morning in Sunday School, the little boy had heard the story of Jesus turning the water into wine at the wedding. He said, "Mom, why don't we pour that water in the gas tank and ask the Lord to turn it into gas?" The mom was not happy about the idea, but after quite a while decided to give it a try. They prayed and the car started right up.
Rachel and I often tell our children that there is absolutely nothing impossible with God! At the end of my story, I stood up and said goodnight. That's when Smith said, "Dad, we should pray for that night-light." I thought to myself, "Crap! Now I have to put my money where my mouth is."
I prayed for it as I flicked the on/off switch back-and-forth. Nothing happened, and I was ready to leave the room. Smith said, "Dad, we should each take a turn praying for it." So...Zaisy prayed as I flicked the on/off switch back-and-forth. Nothing happened.
As Smith is praying, I see the bulb flicker and then burst back to life. I stood there in awe and the kids eyes were as big as saucers.
We serve a big God! Nothing is impossible for Him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet story...God loves childlike faith...

D,C,H,A,Baby

jcubsdad said...

Nice...very nice. What a great faith exercise for your kids before you step out into the faith stretching wilderness of Mexico.

God has great things in store for you, I feel it in my nuggets man! (You must watch surfs up, if not that made no sense)

Stacey said...

God is faithful to do even the "little" things..although I am sure the night light was a "big" thing for your kids. God is so good.